Camping in Pennsylvania & Other Outdoor Activities
Ok, lace up those boots! We are going to go hiking and camping in Pennsylvania Dutch Country. Pennsylvania Dutch Country includes the following counties: Lehigh, Berks, Lebanon, Dauphin, Lancaster, York, Perry, Cumberland, Adams, and Franklin.
I love to be outdoors. There is nothing more relaxing, and soothing to my soul than to be outdoors. I like to lie under the stars at night and listen to the crickets. Or have a picnic beside a babbling brook. So, join me in camping in Pennsylvania.
Flory's Cottages & Camping - P.O. Box 308, 99 N. Ronks Road, Ronks, PA 17572. The Phone is 717-687-6670.
Pinch Pond Family Campground and RV Park - 3075 Pinch Road, Manheim, PA 17545. The Phone is Toll Free (800)659-7640or (717)665-7640. E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - 340 Blackburn Rd., Quarryville, PA 17566. The phone is (717)786-3458 or (717)786-4514. Email contact information is email@example.com
Indian Rock Campground - 436 Indian Rock Dam Rd, York PA 17403 Telephone:(717)741-1764 Email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Discover the secrets of how to get the cheapest sites, how to choose the perfect tent, how to make delicious meals in one pot?Click Here!
Have more places you would like to add to camping in Pennsylvania? Are there spots in one of the ten counties located in Pa Dutch Country that you would like to see listed for hiking. Then share your photos, stories, and reviews below of you and yours camping in Pennsylvania.
Get some exercise and go Hiking! Nothing like hiking to get your heart pumping and feeling invigorated!
Trout Run Nature Preserve
Rocky Ridge County Park
- A York County park located on top of a steep Rocky hill. The park is 750 acres and is a mature mixed oak forest. One of the highlights in the winter season is the display of Christmas lights called "Christmas Magic - A Festival of Lights". They set up a beautiful display of lights on a half mile walking trail with stops in heated pavilions with refreshments.
- is a 1.5 mile hike in a wetland area. The hike crosses you over the stream three times. There are over 42 different types of birds that call this place home.
Directions- From Lancaster City, take PA Route 272 South, (Willow Street Pike/Lancaster Pike), toward Willow Street. Continue South on PA Route 272 to Smithville. Turn right on Pennsy Road (just past Frey’s Evergreen Plantation on the left and before the large stone arch railroad bridge over the highway). Follow Pennsy Road for approximately two miles; look on the left for a small parking area near the Trout Run tunnel in the old low-grade rail line.
William H. Kain County Park
- is a Park located in York County that was established in 1977. The park features two lakes. Enjoy moonlight boat tours on Lake Redman. Many different activities are able to be enjoyed at the park.
Rhododendron Trail - is located in Susquehannock State Park. The trail is 1.2-miles Rhododendron Trail is one of my favorite trails. The trail’s namesake blooms in late June and early July. The remains of the homestead of Thomas Neel, a revolutionary war veteran, is along this trail.
Directions - From Lancaster city Go North on Rt.72. Turn left onto W Orange St/PA-462 W, Turn Left onto N Prince ST/US-222 S/PA-272 S., Continue to follow PA-272, Turn slight Right onto Holtwood Rd/PA-372 W. From PA 372 turn south on Susquehannock Drive to Park Drive.
Speedwell Forge Park
- is located between the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission's Speedwell Forge Lake and the wooded State Game Lands of the nearby Furnace Hills. Directions - From Lititz follow Route 501 North five miles to Brickerville. Turn left on to Route 322 West for 200 yards and turn left onto Long Lane. Follow Long Lane 1 1/2 miles. When the road ends, turn left onto Speedwell Forge Road. Follow one half mile; cross a small bridge and turn right into the parking lot.
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary
- Hawk Mountain is a wonderful place to visit. Hawk Mountain is the world's first refuge for birds of prey. There are various trails from beginner to challenging. This is a must see. Open year-round 1700 Hawk Mountain Rd, Kempton, PA 19529 Phone: (610) 756-6961
AvalancheXpress - Is a snow tubing terrain park and is sure to be fun for the whole family. They have beginners lanes, intermediate lanes and also for the wild at heart they have Xtreme lanes. It is located at the Heritage Hills Resort 2700 Mount Rose Ave.York, PA 17402. The phone is 1-877-Stay-Play(1-877-782-9752).
Ski Roundtop Want to go skiing or snowboarding? Then head on over to Ski Roundtop. Ski Roundtop is located at 925 Roundtop Rd Lewisberry, PA 17339. The Phone is (717) 432-9631.
Have a Great Hiking or Camping Spot in PA Dutch Country? Write About It Here!
Do you have a favorite hiking or camping spot that you would like to share with others? Share it here!
YourFavorite Hiking and Camping Spots
Click below to see favorite Hiking and Camping spots of other visitors to this page.
So, whether hiking, skiing, or camping in Pennsylvania Dutch Country you are sure to have a good time! Use the box to the left and you can sign up for the PA Dutch Country Insider to keep you up to date with all the latest places to go hiking and camping in Pennsylvania.
Return from Hiking and Camping in Pennsylvania to Pa-Dutch-Travel Home Page