Pennsylvania Attractions - Have Fun in Pa Dutch Country!
Looking for great Pennsylvania attractions in Dutch country, and fun things to do and see? I am going to take you on a tour of some of the best attractions not only in Lancaster,PA but also in other parts of the PA Dutch Country region. There is something for everyone of all ages! We have amusements, museums, and loads of activities and recreation for the whole family!
Whether you enjoy the pace of the Pa Dutch at a nice slow tempo or you prefer something to get your heart racing. We have Pennsylvania attractions and activities of all kinds!
Here is a list of great places to visit while your here with us!
The Outhouse - The Outhouse almost reminds me of a fun house or playhouse. They have so many fun novelty items. It is very amusing! It is a great place to buy gag gifts and find cool things to prank your friends with. But not only do they have the fun playful side they have gifts and things on the more serious side like gourmet snacks and teas as well as weather vanes and Amish made cupolas to decorate your home, barn, garage, or gazebo.
American Music Theatre - You name it, from Christmas shows, to comedians like Bill Cosby, to big names in the music industry like Randy Travis and LeAnne Rimes, they have it all! It is great fun and amusement for the whole family!
National Watch and Clock Museum
- They have the largest collection of nineteenth century watches and clocks. It is a great place for the whole family to learn about horology (the measure of time). It is a great learning experience!
Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery
- The pretzel bakery is the oldest commercial pretzel bakery in the United States. Tom Sturgis has returned to its roots at the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery in Lititz. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Come see the charm of the bakery and the surrounding area of Lititz.
The Demuth Museum
- The Museum is located in Charles Demuth's home. It is located in Downtown Lancaster. Charles Demuth was a famous artist, he started out doing watercolors and then later when to oil paintings. You can see the garden behind the house which was the inspiration for many of his paintings.
Dutch Wonderland - A fun amusement park to take the kids. Lots of activities and amusement rides for the little ones. A great place to take young children for a day of fun and excitement! They call it the kingdom for kids!
Wilbur Chocolate Museum & Store
- Calling all chocolate lover's! This is the place for you. Visit this neat little museum and store in the quaint small town of Lititz. They produce over 150 million pounds of chocolate a year and are the second oldest chocolatier in the United States.
That Fish Place/That Pet Place
- The biggest Pet store I know of, it is 110,000 square feet. This is a must see for people who like to Pamper their pets or who would like the chance to pet a stingray. That's right I said stingrays, they have a tank where you get to pet the stingrays, it is so cool. That is why I have this store listed under attractions, it is a must see.
Gettysburg National Military Park
- Learn about one of the most crucial battles of the civil war. Visit Gettysburg National Military Park and walk in the footsteps of our nation's heroes. A great experience for the whole family.
You might want to bookmark this page, as you will want to come back often as I update the page and add even more Pennsylvania attractions and activities for your family to enjoy. I will also be adding Free things to do as well as other museums and things to see. So keep coming back and discover Pennsylvania attractions and Lancaster Pa Dutch Country with us!
There is also a box at the top of the page on the Navigation bar where you can fill out your name and email address, and I will send you a copy of our newsletter, the Pa Dutch Country Insider. The newsletter will contain any new updates and other interesting tidbits, like free recipes, so sign up today for your free copy.
Return from Pennsylvania Attractions to Pa-Dutch-Travel Home Page