Smorgasbord - Taste the Flavor of Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking
So your wondering what a smorgasbord is? Feeling Hungry? Then you have come to the right place. I am going to introduce to you, the top restaurants to eat at in Lancaster county. By the time your done and ready to go home you will probably need to let out your belt a notch or two.
A Smorgasbord is the term used by Pennsylvania Dutch, it just means a breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffet offering a variety of foods and dishes.
Dienner's Country Restaurant
- Want a great place where the locals go? Dienner's is home cooked food that won't break your pocketbook. You can a great buffet for under $10. Or you can order off their full menu. I always get the buffet. The address is 2855 Lincoln Hwy East, Ronks, PA , 17572. Phone - 717-687-9571
Shady Maple - The largest all you can eat I know of in Lancaster County. Their place can seat up to 1,000 people. Come in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And don't forget to sample the pa dutch favorites like scrapple and mush.The address is 129 Toddy DriveEast Earl, PA 17519. Phone - 1-800-238-7363
Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn
- The only buffet that has its own walking trail, waterfall, flower gardens, vegetable gardens, and farm animals. They have delicious fried chicken and homemade mashed potatoes. And for dessert nothing better then Lancaster's very own Turkey Hill Ice cream or try one of the homemade desserts like whoopie pie.The address is 240 Hartman Bridge Road, Ronks, PA 17572.Phone (800) 827-8635
- It started with chicken and waffles in 1929 and now it is an all you can eat buffet. And they even serve wine and spirits. 2811 Lincoln Highway East Route 30 one mile east of Route 896 Ronks, PA 17572
Bird-In-Hand Family Restaurant and Smorgasbord
- Great place with Great Food. They have all the traditional Lancaster County favorites. They have a wide variety of foods as well as a kids buffet. And the dessert area is pretty impressive, they have a little of everything. If you don't want the smorgasbord you can order off a full menu, plus if your looking to lighten it up a bit, they have meals approved by the American Heart Association.The address is 2760 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505. The Phone is 717-768-1550 or if your out of the area you can call toll free 1-800-665-8780.
The Family Cupboard
- is a great place to Eat. They have Amish and Mennonite cooked meals at great prices. You can eat a great meal and look out the window and see the beautiful farm behind it. I like to get the buffet and Chase likes to order off the menu. The address is 3029 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-In-Hand, PA 17505. The Phone is (717) 768-4510
Hopefully by now you are ready for some good Pa Dutch cooking. So what are you waiting for? Start at the top and work your way down.
Return from Smorgasbords to Pa Dutch Travel homepage
Pictures compliments of FreeFoto.com